The problem is, in a way, hard coded by the methods used. DQSD runs as a DLL in
Windows Explorer. As such, it makes "inproc" or in-process calls to other
executables. 64-bit processes can't make 32-bit calls, (and 32-bit processes
can't make 64-bit calls). I am NOT a developer, far from it, but it should be
technically possible to fork off the call in a way that would allow it to call
the 32-bit IE. But doing so is both non-trivial in Windows (which doesn't
really _do_ forks), and a significant shift from how the existing 32-bit code
works. The intent was to not have two different code bases, which would be
required if we changed the way the browser gets called.

Charlie.