Al - The R10-E1Y4-V2.5K *IS* the plug-in version of the relay. This is the part number that was used in the C Line and the later TR-4's. The only other option that P&B has offered is for PC board mounting and is incompatible with the socket used by Drake. The socket clips are right at the surface of the socket, and since the spring clip retainer is used, we don't have to rely on pin friction to hold the relay in the socket.
The relay data is at: <http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/TE/bin/TE.Connect?C=1&M=BYPN&PID=1 12061&PN=R10-E1Y4-V2.5K&LG=1&I=41> The only other version of this relay provided by P&B was the PC mount version with pins that are NOT compatible with the socket, which was designed for the flat solder tabs as used on the R10-E1Y4-V2.5K. Reference: P&B Tech Support. 73, Garey - K4OAH Atlanta ----- Original Message ----- From: "Al Parker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Thanks Rick, > That's been my concern over the answers I got, I realize it will do the > job electrically, but now the mechanical considerations are a concern - I > did ask about it being a plug-in. > I've been looking in the latest Mouser catalog (#614), and can't find a > plug-in version of this relay. I'll take a look on-line, maybe I'll see it > there. If anyone knows the correct no., please speak up. I do know that > this question was answered maybe 2 yrs ago, as I had a TR-4C then that came > to me without a relay. I think the Mouser price was abt $24 - someone sold > me a used one which did the job, abt half price. I don't have the rig in > question now, I'm trying to help out a guy in Alabama by fone. > tnx, 73, > Al, W8UT > New Bern, NC > BoatAnchors appreciated here > http://www.thecompendium.net/radio/ > http://www.hammarlund.info > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Rick Lutzinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Although the solder-in version of this relay will fit the plug-in version > > socket. It is not adviseable to do this. I had a TR-4C at one time that > > this had been done to and the solder tabs on the solder-in version are not > > quite long enough to give a reliable connection at all times. I found the > > relay operation to be quite intermittent and after replacing the relay > with > > the correct type, all was fine. Get the right one! > > 73 > > Rick KD6ZR > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------

