Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Jeff -

The Drake transmitters are all NEGATIVE voltage to ground, while most modern transceivers are POSITIVE to ground.

Most keyers will key either, but may require changing an internal jumper or switch, UNLESS they use hard relay contacts for keying.

The Drake key line is approximately -60 VDC, and only requires a few mA to key. So any relay would be fine, and just about all keyers with transistor keying will handle it as long as the polarity is correct.

Personally I use the CMOS-4 from Idiom because it's one of the few that I can turn off that stupid iambic junk that will drive any bug user crazy! :-)

Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Jeff Siegel wrote:
"Jeff Siegel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
My name is Jeff - KC2OBG, located in Port Washington, NY on the north shore
of Long Island. I'm a ham about 2 1/2 years and work almost exclusively CW
on 40m and 20m. (I'm also on the local 2m repeater but, heck, ya gotta
ragchew sometime.)  My current station is Icom equipment (706 MKIIG & 751A).
I use a vibrokeyer (non-iambic) with the built-in electronic keyer in the
Icom rigs. Recently I've acquired a Drake R-4B and T-4XB. The question is,
what is a suitable keyer to use with the transmitter? While I will continue
to use the vibrokeyer my intention is to go with an iambic paddle in the
near future.
Any suggestions on a keyer?

73, Jeff