Doug Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Garey,

Heh..  Yes, I started with a bug.  Then, built a device that would send
dashes when I pressed the dash side of the bug.  It's relay was in
parallel with the bug's output.  Of course, as soon as I put this
frankenstein device in service I realized how stupid it was.

I then built a keyer using a pair of 12AT7's.  Loved it!  But, I lusted
after the TO keyer the local club was using to teach the novice class.
Eventually the owner (a SK for decades now) just gave it to me!  Still
have it and wouldn't part with it for anything..

But, then I got the Nye for use on ships -- it was reputed to key
anything and I couldn't see packing the TO around with me..  My first
week with that key and it's dot and dash memory was a hellish
experience!  But then I got used to it and now I have a really tough
time using the TO.  That infernal dot/dash memory allows one to become
sloppy.  The TO Keyer does NOT tolerate sloppiness!

I'll have to give V9 a shot and see how badly I can send.  Thanks for
the tip and the trip down memory lane..

73,
-Doug, W7KF