"Howard Traxler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all Drake fans again,
I have a TR-4 with AC-4 upgraded to AC-4R.  When turning on the xcvr, I hear 
the customary surge when the caps are charging, then I hear a steady 60 HZ 
purring sound along with the normal, almost unperceptable power supply hum. 
The "purr" makes me a bit nervous.  What could be the cause and should I be 
concerned.  I often leave the radio on for hours unattended if I think I'm 
coming back soon.  Sometimes it gets to be over night.

Thanks for any thoughts.
P.S.  Oh yes, on the power supply, might it be a good idea to fuse more 
lines than just the AC input?  I'd feel safer.

Thanks again and 73, DE Howard, WA9RYF 


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to