Garey, I changed R-135 to 33K and it did the trick. I now have bias of -11 
volts. Thanks for your help. Boyd W0BUW

Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  
Garey Barrell made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Boyd -

Well I've never noticed the bias voltage on the relay tube going up with 
increased AF gain, but then I've never looked! :-)

Other things that can cause the relay to "hang" is if the ANTI-VOX is 
turned up too high (might key in on AF Gain affecting bias), or if the 
VOX is turned up too high, or if R106 has gone up in value. Try turning 
the ANTI-VOX down all the way, and then bringing up slowly until it just 
prevents tripping of VOX.

As you can see, it's a fairly high impedance circuit, so can be 
difficult to troubleshoot. You should be seeing closer to -5 to -6V on 
Pin 2 in receive. Depending upon your unit serial number, you might try 
reducing R135 from 68k to 33k. This "stiffens" the cutoff supply and 
you should see closer to -10V on PIn 2 with key-up.

I have seen a leaky cap at C205, but not likely.........

Let us know!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs




Boyd Van Horn wrote:
> Garey, I also have a tr4-C that the relay holds in transmit. I have 
> done all the things you recommended. I did notice one thing. The neg 
> bias on the 6ev7 on the relay control side is -3.7 volts when it is in 
> receive. But when you increase the audio gain, the bias goes to -6.8 
> volts. Is this normal ? Sincerely, Boyd W0BUW
> *//*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page: www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to