Christopher Kovacs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a R-4C with a broken tuning knob that I need
to replace.  The metal insert is fine, as is the
aluminum ring - just the black plastic is in pieces.
 Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dave White
VE6DRW

Dave, here's what I did, if you cant find a replacement.... Go to electronics plus and get the
693-006 knob:

  http://www.electronicplus.com/

693-006 1/4" SHAFT BLACK PLASTIC KNOB WITH CHROME FACE-DIAMETER: 1-5/8" x 1" HIGH

  http://www.electronicplus.com/images/products/693-006.jpg


This is not an exact replacement, but it's close. There is a ridge on the bottom of the knob which I sanded flat (even with the ribs). This keeps the knob close to the aluminum insert. I then got a "finger dimple" and attached it to the knob. I had in extra finger dimple that I ordered from Elecraft (FDIMP), but I am sure there are other vendors. Glancing at the r-4c, you could tell the difference.

Chris,
w0anm


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to