john <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang

Eddy

Take a look at 6GJ5s !

John K5MO

At 08:32 AM 1/20/2008, you wrote:
Good Morning All,

I'm curious as to the results anyone may have had by substituting 12JB6 tubes in place of the "stock" 6JB6 bottles in their T4X transmitters...

Glancing at the filament wiring in the schematic, such a transformation certainly looks like it'd be easy enough to execute, relatively harmless, AND simple to return the rig back to "normal" at any future time, should the need arise.

I thought I was SO smart here, by convincing myself that a pair of my spare 6LQ6's would be a rugged, rough & ready primo substitute for a 6JB6 --- until I saw the comparative physical heights between the two, AND took a peek inside the tight quarters of the RF "cage" of my T4X, that is! Hi Hi

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ