"EP Swynar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Sunday 20th January, Garey wrote...

"...Bottom line is, the 6GJ5 works just fine in the T/TR-4(any) with the
same caveats as the 6JB6, i.e., not ALL brands work well..."

*******************************

Hi Garey,

Many thanks for that FB note...

However, I must say, I still remain skeptical and confused (both!) by the
notion of employing a 6GJ5 tube as a direct replacement for the 6JB6 in the
T4X transmitter...

Specifically, because pin #8 in the rig is directly connected to ground, and
in the 6GJ5 the suppressor grid is connected directly to the cathode
internally AND both the cathode & suppressor come out at pin #8 in that
tube, wouldn't you effectively have the finals in constant "key down" mode
with the substitutes plugged in...? As well, you'd have no cathode/"plate"
current meter readings, either --- correct?

What have I missed here...?

I dearly DO want to be a believer, but there must be some Missourian
doubting Thomas deep within me! Hi Hi. That, or my proverbial enquiring mind
just "NEEDS to know"...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ