Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bent -

I use white lithium grease, sometimes sold as "LubriPlate" here. Wheel bearing grease, at least the ones I am familiar with, have fibrous material in them. Also, they are much too heavy, being designed for bearings supporting several hundred pounds rather than a plastic knob! :-)

I also don't care for metal bearing grease for light duty service. Drake field changed the PTO grounding by adding a ground strap to the follower rather than relying on the bare metal contact of the follower through the chrome rider bar and/or the ball bearings.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>



Bent wrote:
Hello All
Is someone able to inform me which type of grease can be recommended for the PTO ball bearings, and between the shaft and brass bushing for the dials for the R-4C, T-4XC, TR-4C etc. Can I use a normal ball bearing grease for the car wheels etc. Esso Beacon EP2 grease.
What about copper grease?
Thanks in advance. Regards
Bent
OZ5ZD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to