"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:31:27 +0100, Bent wrote:

>
>Is someone able to inform me which type of grease can be recommended for the 
>PTO ball bearings,
>and between the shaft and brass bushing for the dials for the R-4C, T-4XC, 
>TR-4C etc.


I used Phil Woods bicycle grease on the VFO geartrain and other parts of my
HyGain 3750, with satisfactory results. Some of the Collins guys swear by the
stuff.

When I cleaned my RV7 recently, I had a tube of (no longer available) Radio
Shack Teflon grease that I used for the shaft/brass parts. It came out very
smooth. Misplaced the stuff after the RV7 project and have been going nuts
trying to find it. I found a potentially similar Teflon grease product at a
bicycle shop recently, but haven't had a chance to experiment much with it
yet.

Don't use any type of lubricant on the nylon parts, you'll be sorry.


73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
TR7/RV7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C, L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain 
3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!

HyGain 3750 User's Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HyGain_3750/


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to