I may have asked this her before, but I thought I would post it anyway. One of the oldest radios in my modest collection is a Gonset G-76 transceiver. I bought it used from AES in 1965, but was too poor as a starving high school student to afford the companion power supply, so I cobbled one together in breadboard fashion, and used it for years. But, the voltages were never quite right. Now, Gonset power supplies are virtually unobtainable, but I noted that the Drake power supplies had the right voltages for my relic and bought one. I plan to get the Heathkit Shoppe update for it. But, here is my dilemma. The G-76 requires that the power supply disconnect the 650 volt DC line from the rig during receive, and ground the line going to the radio. I used to use a surplus ceramic 12 volt relay to do this, but that one has vanished somewhere in the past 40+ years. I have tried to use normal power relays, but their contacts are seemingly set up for breaking lower voltage DC, or are self quenching when breaking AC. I have had some rather spectacular arcs in a few relays when trying to use them for this application. Where might I find a 12 volt AC coil power relay that will reliably open a 650 volt DC circuit, and ground the far side that is going to the radio? Normally this would be a simple SPDT relay.

Also, I want to make any modifications as reversible as possible as I do not want to modify it so much that it would not be usable with a Drake rig in the future.

Help?

Steve WA9JML