Try this old trick.

I used it with great success when switching high current dc.

get a multi pole relay, then wire all the contacts in series, that way when the relay opens up, you have several air gaps the dc must breach.

Try a two pole relay first, remember you do NOT parallel the contacts, you wire them in series. In on one, out of the other, in on the next and the out to the load.

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced