I installed the soft-key kit from Harbach into my 30L1. I have used it with the
most fragile (minimal voltage/current) rigs with out a problem. The kit was
something around $35.

73, Mike WA5POK

From: abqco...@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:27 PM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: [Drakelist] T4XC to 30L1

Greetings Gentlemen,

Does anyone have any thoughts on keying a Collins 30L1 with a Drake t4XC ?
The keyline voltage on the amp is 170v ....don’t know what current it might
draw but can measure that if I buy the amp.
Does anyone know if the Drake TR relay can safely handle this or if it is
best to build an interface ?  Never hurts to get opinions from those who
might have pondered or tried this.      thanks  Jim  N5KY