Joe -

Interesting. I have two replacement cabinets, and both are just painted black. I do know that many of the accessory cabinets I have are the very dark gray (kinda like St. James gray, more black than gray) and are of the vinyl clad material. I think that same material was used on some of the later 4 Series accessory cabinets as well. Wattmeters, etc.

St Charles, IL

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Joe Pyles wrote:
The color of the TR7 case both sticky paint and vinyl clad was dark gray. Some time after the production of ham radios was stopped,
Drake made replacement cases for the 7 line that were black vinyl clad.

73, Joe Pyles KC9LAD