On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 16:43, Leif Delgass wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, José Fonseca wrote:
>
> > Ok. I'm gonna look into this tomorrow. Both the r128 and radeon drivers
> > have PCI support, so it shouldn'be difficult to bring the PCI support to
> > the same state as the AGP (i.e., just initialize it).
>
> The quickest fix to make things easier for testers would probably be to
> just disable the AGP/PCI init in the DRM for now, since it's not really
> necessary yet.  If we get PCI support added or start working on DMA, then
> we could enable it again to test it out.

So far I added an is_pci var (as is done is r128/radeon) and added code
in the DDX driver to fill in that var, but I seemed to broke some shared
structure as the X server is behaving rather badly. I hope to get to
this when I get home.

> > BTW, I just commited initial support for the tex coord premultiplication
> > in the mach64-0-0-3-branch. This doesn't help with the lockups in multiarb
> > though.
>
> I checked it out and it looks like the texcoords would get multiplied by
> the rhw _and_ multiplied by w. Also, the utah-glx code and the previous
> branch multiplied the w coord by the fourth texture coord, if there is
> one.  I haven't tested this yet, but I'll inline my diff here since it's

You're probably right. Although I didn't mentioned in the reply, I
pointed out in the CVS log that PTEX format isn't yet covered by the tex
coords permultiplication changes. The problem isn't really in the _emit
but rather on _interp where the normal case is rather complex to begin
with, so I decided to take a little more of time to understand the
meaning of the PTEX format and do it properly.

> small.  I'm going to try to find out where multiarb is choking, since it
> shouldn't lock the card even if the texcoords are wrong.

Yes. I also plan to step instruction-by-instruction to see where it
really fails, and also check if the multitexturing state is being setup
properly, since I have the feeling this may be the problem.

> --
> Leif Delgass
> http://www.retinalburn.net

I've been a little busy with work lately since it had fallen behind when
I dedicated myself to bring up the mach64-0-0-3-branch last week.

Regards,

Jose Fonseca