On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 19:22, José Fonseca wrote:

> AFAIK the announced breakeage concerned C++ only.

Well, there is some c++ code in libnurbs, and so apparently libGLU.so.
However it appears that wouldn't affect the DRI snapshots.

> RedHat does indeed provides a compat-gcc package. I'll see what I can do
> to use it within my scripts.

If the segfaults I'm getting actually are related to XAA, then it really
may not matter. I'm trying (again) to make my own snapshot build (with
gcc 2.96), but I'll also try one of yours.

> Nevertheless it would be good to be sure about these binary
> compatabilities, since the widespread of gcc-3.2 will happen very soon.

Most likely, yes, since Red Hat 8.0 and Gentoo 1.4 will both have it; I
don't think most other Linux distributions will stay too far behind
(except maybe Debian, but at least they have 3.0 in stable and 3.2 in
testing).

Is it possible you have changed some of your compiler options? The
snapshots are about twice the size they used to be.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0x930B8AB6
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy