> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Ian Romanick wrote:

> > > One approach is to not use modules, just compile the thing in. Works for
> > > me (damn, I'd like to see how the commercial tuxracer looks with bump
> > > mapping. But apparently DRI doesn't support the right extension or
> > > something ;)
> >
> > The problem is that it uses EXT_texture_env_dot3 (which the driver does
> > advertise), but the driver doesn't actually implement only implements
> > EXT_texture_env_dot3 or ARB_texture_env_dot3 correctly.  I noted this in an
> > earlier thread about glaxium, but I haven't posted a fix yet.
> >
> > I have attached a patch to the DRI CVS trunk that should fix the problem.  I
> > don't have access to an 8500, so I haven't actually tested it.  I would
> > really appreciate it if people with 8500 (or 9000) cards could try this
> > patch and tell me if it works.  If I get a few positive results and no
> > negatives, I'll commit the patch.

I've applied the patch to two machines, one running Linux and one running
FreeBSD.  I compiled on both machines and installed.  Unfortunately, I
won't be able to test the Linux box till I get home, but I'm going to
assume that the results are going to be the same :-)

http://memory.visualtech.com/glaxium.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the patch worked :-(

Adam