On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:57:32AM -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> > > I've applied the patch to two machines, one running Linux and one running
> > > FreeBSD.  I compiled on both machines and installed.  Unfortunately, I
> > > won't be able to test the Linux box till I get home, but I'm going to
> > > assume that the results are going to be the same :-)
> > >
> > > http://memory.visualtech.com/glaxium.png
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the patch worked :-(
> >
> > My bad!  Change the && at the end of line 1082 in r200_texstate.c to ||.
> > The if-statement that compares against GL_DOT3_{RGB,RGBA}_EXT should match
> > the one that compares against GL_DOT3_{RGB,RGBA}.  Sorry.
>
> Unfortunately, that only seemed to make things worse.  If you check out
> the same URL I posted above, you'll see what I mean.

Hmm...could you try two quick tests for me?  Both would be with an unpatched
driver.

1. Try running with LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1.  I expect that will produce the
same results I see on a Radeon M6.

2. Replace GL_DOT3_RGB_EXT on line 592 of scene.cpp (in glaxium 0.5) with
GL_DOT3_RGB and rebuild glaxium.  If that doesn't work, then dot3
bumpmapping is totally hosed in the R200 driver.  I expect that this will
also produce correct results.

--
Smile!  http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap990315.html