Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Ian Romanick wrote:

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 11:06:16PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Dieter N?tzel wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2002 00:55 schrieb Ian Molton:

Linus updated 2.5.48 with Brian's latest DRM r200 stuff so I should do
some testing.

No go so far.

Modules are somewhat broken in 2.5.48.
One approach is to not use modules, just compile the thing in. Works for
me (damn, I'd like to see how the commercial tuxracer looks with bump mapping. But apparently DRI doesn't support the right extension or something ;)
The problem is that it uses EXT_texture_env_dot3 (which the driver does
advertise), but the driver doesn't actually implement only implements
EXT_texture_env_dot3 or ARB_texture_env_dot3 correctly.  I noted this in an
earlier thread about glaxium, but I haven't posted a fix yet.

I have attached a patch to the DRI CVS trunk that should fix the problem.  I
don't have access to an 8500, so I haven't actually tested it.  I would
really appreciate it if people with 8500 (or 9000) cards could try this
patch and tell me if it works.  If I get a few positive results and no
negatives, I'll commit the patch.

I've applied the patch to two machines, one running Linux and one running FreeBSD. I compiled on both machines and installed. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test the Linux box till I get home, but I'm going to assume that the results are going to be the same :-)

http://memory.visualtech.com/glaxium.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the patch worked :-(
I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like.  Can you try software
rendering, just to get a screen-shot.?

-Brian