On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 06:52:43AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > I don't have strong feeling but Alex has a point, right now we often
> > update them, maybe we should add radeon_asic.c and move asic init
> > (function now in radeon_device.c) along structure there.
> >

> I've seen it sugggested earlier,
>
> Just don't use declarations in the C file, that isn't acceptable coding.
>
> If we add radeon_asic.h make sure to include that in places that
> define the functions as well.
>
> Last thing we want is declarations to diverge by accident.

Well, this is exactly what I'm trying to fix here. atm radeon_asic.h
contains static struct definitions (i.e. should be a C file) and is
therefore included only exactly _once_. And contains tons of declarations
for the functions it uses. Which are actually in one case not coherent
with the actual definitions!
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter