Hi joseph,
Its not only the item but the collections or the community is also not
visible to the user. I also made sure that all permissions are set to
anonymous.
The other interesting thing I noticed is when the user navigates to the
Community(I am trying to give access to) through a direct link the
Community collections and items are visible and accessible. Its just that
it doesn't show up in the Communities and Collections link.
Thanks.
Abhishek