Hello Christian,

in our repository we changed the navigation.xsl. To build the sidebar
menu "options -> list" from the DRI XML Document schema is used. To take
a look add "?XML" to the current URL (e.g. localhost/xmlui/?XML). Under
the tag "options" you will find various list-tags with parameter "n"
(e.g. <list id="aspect.viewArtifacts.Navigation.list.account"
n="account"> ).
We used this to modify our sidebar. After the "search-div" we comment
out <xsl:apply-templates /> and add e.g. <xsl:apply-templates
select="dri:list[@n='account']">. On this way we remove, reorganize
implemented templates and add own. So you could customize the sidebar
for various pages per "xsl:choose" or "xsl:if" too.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Paul Münch

On 06.04.2018 16:57, Christian Loeschen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for this hint but afai can see this is not what I'm looking
> for. The navigation.xsl file assembles the search function on top of
> the side menu, and the several Navigation.java files populate the
> different aspects with options.
>
> What I like to do is to *change the order of aspects* in the side menu
> to have aspects more related to the current page (or user) on top. The
> different aspects are added to the page by the different sitemap.xmap
> files by calling the Navigation transformer. To change the order of
> aspects, I assume it is necessary to change the order of executing the
> different sitemap.xmap files. But I can't figure out, how and where to
> do this. It may be I'm totally wrong, too.
>
> Does anyone else have an idea (or solution)?
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>

> Am 08.03.2018 um 13:01 schrieb Anis:
>> I think the relevant parts are at
>> dspace-xmlui-mirage2/src/main/webapp/xsl/core/navigation.xsl and
>> dspace-xmlui/src/main/java/org/dspace/app/xmlui/aspect/browseArtifacts/Navigation.java
>>

>> - Anis
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 1:57:37 PM UTC+2, Christian Loeschen
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Dear all,
>>
>>     can someone please point me to the code where the navigation
>> sidebar at
>>     the right handside of xmlui-mirage2 is assembled? I'd like to change
>>     the
>>     order of the sidebar menus for authenticated users (default: Search,
>>     Browse, My Account, (Context,) RSS) to "My Account" and "Context" on
>>     top
>>     of the sidebar.
>>
>>     I think it improves usability for users to have the personal and
>>     contextual menus more in focus instead of the search menu on top. In
>>     the
>>     default layout the personal and contextual menus are imho way too
>> far
>>     down, which makes an intuitive use of the website unnecessarily
>>     difficult.
>>
>>     Thanks for help and/or opinions. :)
>>     Christian
>>

>>     ---------------------------------
>>     Christian Loeschen, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
>>     Wiss. Mitarbeiter/Research Associate
>>
>>     Technische Universität Dresden
>>     Center for Information Services and HPC (ZIH)
>>     Distributed and Data Intensive Computing
>>
>>     01062 Dresden (Germany)
>>     Phone: +49 351 463-42330
>>     Fax :    +49 351 463-37773
>>     E-Mail: christian...@tu-dresden.de <javascript:>

Philipps-Universität Marburg | UB
Digitale Dienste | Deutschhausstraße 9 | D018
Tel. +49 06421 28-24624 |