mouss wrote:
Warning: too much speculation above.

Also...

SN have stated they have no intention of closing dspam. The fact that they can (with some limitations and without in any way preventing or limiting a fork) has been discussed because there seemed to be a misapprehension that they couldn't. They can, but it does not matter.

What matters is that SN have so far been unable to manage the project in such a way as to give it adequate forward momentum. My view is that this was no the desire of SN but has happened because SN have no had the right management resources to throw at it, and therefore they ought to be prepared to move the project to (eg) SourceForge to allow it to continue there under new management (but without any change to ownership).

The alternative would be a fork, so the same code goes to the same place (SF) and future development continues there, but SN hang on to the codebase they have now while the new codebase (with a new name) grows without their involvement and without delivering any value on their investment.

The third alternative (SN manage the project as now) is, to me at least, a non-starter, and I hope "we" can move past that with one of the two alternatives above.

--
Mark Rogers // More Solutions Ltd (Peterborough Office) // 0845 45 89 555
Registered in England (0456 0902) at 13 Clarke Rd, Milton Keynes, MK1 1LG

!DSPAM:1011,48fc9b70150921485624627!