Ray,

    To address the first part of your message... you have an option on the
IC-92AD to display in small or large font. The large font may help Your lack
of visual acuity (calibration). For me I'm near sighted and have to remove
my glasses to see up close because a friend of mine scratched my Progressive
lenses.

   To check for large font size on the IC-92AD:

    MENU

       Display

          Font Size

            Large