And this thinking is what results in epic failure. Just because
the wind is not blowing in Michigan does not mean that there
are not tornados in Texas. The K5TIT group has done a great
job so far, but they have already noted that the single point of
inclusion is a problem, and have done what they could to attempt
to make this a non-issue, but when something happened, well
failure occured. Once again, they worked diligently to repair
this, but there was a period when some things would not work.

This is not the fault of the Trust Server Team, it is a design flaw
in the G2 software. There are in fact several trust servers in use
at this point and for a good reason. When the North American
Server decided to act like a computer and fail, the Japanese
server was still working, and they were not affected other than
communication to those systems connected to the North American
Trust Server.

Oddly enough, those people who have been around on the internet
prior to when it became popular know that this type of system
is destined to fail.

One of the major issues with this type of thinking (in my opinion)
is that not all communities need or have the same services. This
is why though all RACES and emergency services have the same
basic training in caring for injured or dislocated people, there are
regions that have more specific training. For example, I would
not see the need for an emergency service group in South Texas
needing to train for ice rescue, nor do I see the need for a group
in Kansas training for Mountain rescue. Those things though good
are somewhat irrelevant.

I believe that there should be groups of people who can work and
develop with the ability to cooperate with other groups doing the
same.

I'm just glad to see people developing options that hopefully add
to the tools that we have to use if we need them, but then again
I don't use the spare tire on my car... but I'm glad it's there.

Dan Thompson
d...@waycom.com