Hi,

Dumux currently does not work under Visual Studio, and it is not foreseeable if it ever will.

On a Mac, you have first of all to be sure that you use a recent C++-compiler, for example gcc >= 4.3 should do. Type "gcc --version" into a terminal window to find out about the version.

It is furthermore advisable to install the MacPorts software, www.macports.org. After installing, you have to run "sudo port selfupdate". You can then install the required packages with "sudo port install package-name", for example "sudo port install gcc47" to install the latest gcc 4.7.x. You might also need to install the latest version of the standard library by "sudo port install libcxx."

You should then proceed to the installation page http://www.dumux.org/installation.php for further steps.

If things still fail, please try to provide detailed reports of what is going wrong. The output from the corresponding dunecontrol command would be such a detail, as well as the file config.log in the directory of the module that fails to build.

Please also consider http://www.dune-project.org/doc/buildsystem/buildsystem.pdf to get some details on the DUNE buildsystem.

Kind regards
Bernd