> Right, I propose to get rid of snapping at all. Does anyone uses
> snapping at all?

I do. But I actually think a far better solution to the "get this
floating window to the edge of the screen easily" is what yiyus(?) said
early on (or at least, what I think he meant). If you simply prevent a
window from being able to go past the edges of the screen, then it
becomes extremely simple to move a window to the very edge, because of
Fitts' Law[1][2].

Having to use the mouse a lot can suck, but following Fitts' Law makes
it suck /significantly/ less, in my opinion. It might seem like it'd be
bad to not be able to move a window partially off-screen, but I don't
think I've ever intentionally meant to do so. The WindowLab wm[3] has
this feature, among many other interesting mouse-based behaviors. Using
it for a while a few days ago, I found this feature in particularly to
be very nice.

being monitor borders - but doesn't s{x,y,w,h} give those to you, or did
I misunderstand?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts'_law
[2] http://www.asktog.com/columns/022DesignedToGiveFitts.html
[3] http://nickgravgaard.com/windowlab/

Thanks,
john

I do what you propose eliminating all the time. Floating windows are annoying enough without having to look at all of every one of them. dwm has no concept of minimize other than sending to an unviewed tag but sometimes I want to get a window out of the way without sending it to another tag where I have to go looking for it later. The easy way to do that is to move it mostly off the screen.