I think any ham who is concerned about the future of our hobby should read this article in Computing Unplugged Magazine on Broadband Over Powerline (BPL).
http://www.computingunplugged.com/issues/issue200608/00001818001.html .
Be sure to click onto "home" http://www.computingunplugged.com/ to view the other BPL articles.

While the series' intent is to present a "fair and balanced" summation of the controversy, it has to date been somewhat one-sided on the side of BPL and needs more input from ham radio's viewpoint. I have already submitted a lengthy message-article to the editor, received a favorable response from him, and will now have to update, clarify, and document my article for possible future publication. I am certain there are others who are far more technically oriented than I who might also think to submit a well-written letter (email message) to Computing Unplugged Magazine, especially if you have had firsthand experience with BPL interference.

--
73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html