I no longer have any doubt that the editor of this publication is biased.

The following paragraph was on the page right after the comment box ""...
willing to look at, and print, both sides. Fair reporting at its best.""

And I quote [see "Why are we giving BPL all this coverage" from
http://www.computingunplugged.com/]:

"Follow the money
We're still trying to figure this one out. From all we know of the FCC and
their desire to protect the radio spectrum, I have some trouble accepting the
claims of the ham operators. It seems to me that it's likely to have been
doubtful that the FCC would approve this technology if it was broadcasting as
intensely as the hams claim.

Whenever there's a dispute this strong, I always look to where the money
interests are. We know where the interests of the BPL advocates are. After all,
they have chips, equipment, and services to sell. They have a clean, apparent
reason for pushing their agenda.

I'm not so sure about the ARRL. The ARRL is a membership organization, but it's
also a very well-connected political organization as well. How many of the ham
radio operators who contacted us experienced problems on their own and how many
just read the lobbying documents provided by the ARRL in the organization's
magazine?

Who's funding the ARRL? Do the cable providers and DSL providers have an
interest in this debate? After all, BPL is a direct competitor to cable modems
and DSL services. Or is this truly the case of one technology interfering with
another?

Frankly, if it were just ham radio operators unable to play with their toys,
this debate would be a non-issue. Ham radio is really a technology of the 20th
Century. It was exciting back then when you couldn't call any country easily
except with a ham radio. It was exciting when you couldn't talk to anyone when
they were out and about unless they had an operator's license"

Un freaking believable.

Now if I read this correctly, the author is implying... perhaps "smearing"
would be more precise... that the ARRL is against BPL because of hidden funding
from DSL and cable providers.  And we don't know any better.

Keep in mind that the ARRL has said countless times, and I'm paraphrasing here,
that the issue wasn't BPL, it was QRM from the early BPL test configurations.
And ARRL has been cooperating with one BPL variant (from Motorola if I recall
correctly) which has proven to date to NOT cause interference.  But I guess
it's just easier as to brand the League, and all of us, as the old geezers who
won't get out of the way.  Don't bother with the little details, you know, like
the facts.

Grrrr.