From: Fred Stevens K2FRD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2006/08/14 Mon AM 10:06:55 CDT
To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
Subject: [DX-CHAT] Computing Unplugged Magazine BPL Article

I think any ham who is concerned about the future of our hobby should
read this article in Computing Unplugged Magazine on Broadband Over
Powerline (BPL).
http://www.computingunplugged.com/issues/issue200608/00001818001.html .
Be sure to click onto "home"  http://www.computingunplugged.com/ to
view the other BPL articles.

While the series' intent is to present a "fair and balanced"
summation of the controversy, it has to date been somewhat one-sided
on the side of BPL and needs more input from ham radio's viewpoint. I
have already submitted a lengthy message-article to the editor,
received a favorable response from him, and will now have to update,
clarify, and document my article for possible future publication. I
am certain there
are others who are far more technically oriented than I who might
also think to submit a well-written letter (email message) to
Computing Unplugged Magazine, especially if you have had firsthand
experience with BPL interference.

--
73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html