I found out from answering VU4AN/VU3CHE card requests that the easiest and fastest reply went to the one USA guy who had Thailand postage on his self-addressed envelop. Also, to the several Japanese who used their version of international reply ENVELOP.

Those were just so nice and easy to drop into the post box on the corner here in Bangkok on my way out to work.

Of course, all the other direct cards were taken care of, but I was surprised at myself at the joyful temptation to take care of the one with the Thai stamp so easily. I am sure this would not affect the big DXpeditions with lots of QSL helpers, but my wife and I were chugging away ourselves.

BTW, maybe if u are really hot to get a card, a local postage affixed is much more effective than (1) sending multiple cards for the same contact or (2) emailing the DX asking for a special search and reply.

I love old-fashioned things.... CW, tube radios, listening for DX, paper QSLs that arrive with beautiful stamps, rag chewing, tiny DXpeditions running 50 watts to a dipole, and the other things that retain the mystery of ham radio.

Good DX to all......   73

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]