It is amazing to me how fast the VE prices are rising. Only nine years ago, back in 1997, Canadian postage to the United States was CDN$.52. Now it is about to hit CDN$.93 at the ten year mark, just shy of a 79% increase! In the meantime, as noted in the earlier post, the Canadian Dollar has appreciated greatly. From a low of approximately US$1.00 to CDN$1.60 back in 2001 to now around US$1.00 to CDN$1.12.

In the same period, the United States went from US$.42 for up to 1/2 ounce to US$.60 for up to one ounce (no more initial 1/2 ounce).

Thank god for email between here and Canada...

73,
Robert de N2JTX
(who spends some time in VE land with family)