Unless I am mistaken, Nenad forgot to add the ridiculous Canadian Gouge and Screw Tax (GST) to the list of rates he quoted. While the increase may well be to $1.55 for overseas standard letter rate, $0.93 for the US and $0.52 for domestic letters, in fact:

As of Jan.17, 2007, Canadians living west of the New Brunswick border will add 6% to the cost of the postage increase and it will be:

Overseas:  Cdn$1.64
US:  Cdn$0.99
Domestic:  Cdn$0.55

HOWEVER

Canadians living in eastern provinces will pay an additional Horrifically Stupid Tax (HST), (i.e. an extra 8% to the GST) for a total of:

Overseas:  Cdn$1.77
US:  Cdn $1.06
Domestic:  Cdn$0.59

I am unable to verify this rate increase on the Canada Post web site but have seen at least one reference to the planned increase from a fairly reliable source.

Gosh, I hope no more new DXCC entities are invented.

73

Al, VE1AL
____________________

Hi All,

We just finished off discussion on VE postal rates
versus 1$ US, when I checked the postal rate increase
planned for 2007. Here it comes:

Overseas   from $1.49   on Jan.15 2007 goes to $1.55

US         from $0.89       "               to $0.93

Domestic   from $0.51       "               to $0.52

All prices in CDN Dollars.

At the same time other services will go up, which
will be  another hit to QSL Bureau budget.

73  Nenad   VE3EXY