Hi Mark,

Sorry for your loss.  I have over 65K QSOs in my logbook, but I tend to back it
up in several places (more later).  I have never lost my entire logbook due to
a problem with DX4WIN.

In any event, since you said, "I have my log from when I submitted the
cards..." you are well on your way.  I assume you mean a hard copy.  In the
logging window, hit F5 a few times to reveal the award flags at the bottom.
>From your printed records, search for each QSO and mark it as "Checked" in the
correct DXCC award flag box (mixed, mode or band) and save the QSO (F10).  This
will reconstruct your DXCC award records.  From there, a new DXCC submission
will ignore these QSOs and submit only the new ones.

In terms of backup...

First, in your preferences, make sure you are backing up your log at regular
intervals.  I think the default is 10 minutes, but I prefer 2 minutes.  I never
walk away from the shack if the red "backup" timer is counting down.  I use
ALT-B to backup or ALT-S to save the log.  What if you lose power before the
log is written to disk?

I also have "Cycle Logs" checked in my preferences - this makes extra backups
when DX4WIN overwrites a file.

I use a software product from Iomega called Automatic Backup.  This will write
any file(s) you want to another disk whenever one of those files changes.
Silently, automatically, in the background.  Mine is setup to back up my entire
DX4W602 directory.

I also have a battery back up UPS that keeps the computer going if power goes
out.

Finally, I copy my log file over the network to my home office PC every week or
so.  Mostly for record keeping, but it's just another place my log will be in
case some disaster happens.

73 - Jim AD1C

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Here is a big problem for me but a small one for some. My DX4Win crashed and
> I lost my log. Not a big deal as I only had 380 some contacts logged. What I
> did was went in and reentered all of the cards that I have. I did loose all
> the contacts that were not confirmed but that just makes me have to go get
> them again. Again, no big deal. However, I had submitted cards for my 1st
> DXCC and now I can't tell which ones those are. I have my log from when I
> submitted the cards but I would like to be able to have this show on my
> DX4WIN log so I know when I am ready to submit again. Any way to rectify this
> problem? I suppose I could go in and start a new file and reenter the DXCC
> cards and then submit. Then reenter all the rest. But I was hoping for an
> easier solution.

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC