Dave,
I think you are confusing the state and the counties.  All the islands
are part of the state of Hawaii.  The island named Hawaii, known as the
Big Island, is Hawaii county.  Another island, Maui, is Maui county.
Honolulu is on the island of Oahu, which is third in size but has about
80 per cent of the population.
When I was based there I had a secondary station license KH6HNZ.
Alaska is divided into Judicial Districts that hams use as counties.
When I was based there I had the secondary station license KL7GAC on
Annette Island.

Dave Sharred wrote:

>Interesting that the country is shown as "Hawai'i" ; yet one of the states
>is shown as Hawaii.  But I can live with this!
>

>When it comes to HI states; I have only ever deciphered Honolulu and Maui;
>there always seems to be a lack of decent info on QSl's to determine which
>state they count for (and I think for WAS, the info is supposed to be on the
>card !)
>
>AK is even worse. All I see on cards is "nth  line judicial district) , or
>some other; and it is impossible to tie down the state (I only ever managed
>to tie down KL7CYL to AK South Central; no others !
>
>I know it's not a DX4Win database problem, but if there was a way to help us
>understand this stuff.....
>
>73
>
>Dave
>
>G3NKC  // MD4K

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscgradio.net
http://www.comm-one.org