Hi all,

I am evaluating the IntelĀ® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Bypass Server Adapter
as a potential component of a product line.

I successfully installed the card (with the e1000e driver) to work as a
normal ethernet card on an Ubuntu server. The next, and most important
step is to test the bypass functionality of the card.

>From one of the technical briefs I found out that this is done
programatically. So my guess would be that some register needs to be set
to enable the bypass mode; and then use some sort of a watchdog to keep
the bypass off while the computer is up.

I understand that this functionality is not supported by the original
driver, and would have to implement it myself. However, from what I have
found so far on this project page and Intel's website, I realize that
there is not enough documentation available to do this.

My question is whether someone one might have a reference manual about
this card that makes note of the bypass functionality. The developers
manual focuses mainly on the 82571 chipset (which is used in multiple
cards).

If such a reference does not exist, how would I best approach this
problem?

Any responses are much appreciated.

Regards,
Ilija