Hello Jesse,

Thank you for the response. Now I know that at least this task is not
impossible.

I attempted to register on premier.intel.com, but was unsuccessful (did
not have a serial# that matched their format). I talked to an Intel
representative using the Live Chat feature, and was told that they do
not support HW and driver related issues at all; and that I cannot get
access to the website with this product.

Is there another place where I can get a hold of the e1000 driver which
has the bypass functionality reference code included?

By the way, yes, I had to add the device ID to the driver for it to work
"properly" with this card.

Thank you,
Ilija