Hi all,

In our organization we're planning on upgrading all our oldest systems to SL7
by the end of the year.
This would mean we no longer have systems which have python 2.6 as their system
python.

This means that for our internal tools we can drop support for python2.6. This
also makes it easier
to write code that can work in python3 (perhaps after it has gone trough the
py2to3 tool)

Now I am curious what system python is being used in other HPC institutes, so I
have set up a
doodle where you can let me know your python versions/plans.

If you would be so kind to fill this in it would give me a sense of what is
going on in the
python 2.x/3.x support landscape.

As a note: RHEL 5 is python 2.4, RHEL 5 is python 2.6, RHEL 7 is python 2.7

http://doodle.com/poll/ir67d2hfhkefxfcp#table

Regards,
Jens Timmerman

Ps: as you might know EasyBuild dropped support to run on python 2.4 in version
2.0
There aren't any plans on dropping 2.6, but this poll might give us some
insights.