Hi Exequiel,

On 24/10/16 00:02, Exequiel Sepúlveda wrote:
Hi Kenneth,
At the moment only ATLAS. Some users prefer ATLAS over OpenBLAS for specific software they use.

Well, that *is* supported by the ScaLAPACK easyblock included in EasyBuild v2.9.0, and is still supported after the update I mentioned as well.

Since ATLAS only provides BLAS functionality (correct me if I'm wrong here), you still need (netlib) LAPACK alongside with it. But combining ATLAS + LAPACK works fine to build ScaLAPACK, without modifications.

See also for example the easyconfig named ScaLAPACK-2.0.2-gompi-1.5.12-no-OFED-ATLAS-3.10.1-LAPACK-3.4.2.eb (included with EasyBuild).

OpenBLAS is a bit different, there the LAPACK is "baked in", so you don't have a separate LAPACK dependency anymore once you have OpenBLAS.

regards,

Kenneth

Cheers

    Hi Exequiel,

    The reason why the ScaLAPACK easyblock only considers a couple of
    libraries that provide LAPACK functionality is because it needs to
    know how to define the BLASLIB and LAPACKLIB build options for the
    LAPACK library being used...

    The easyblock can not guess it should link to a LAPACK library it
    doesn't know about, it would need be enhanced so it does know what
    to do.

    The ScaLAPACK easyblock was reworked a bit recently, see
    https://github.com/hpcugent/easybuild-easyblocks/pull/1014/files
    <https://github.com/hpcugent/easybuild-easyblocks/pull/1014/files>,
    but it still only considers (netlib) LAPACK, ACML and OpenBLAS as
    libraries that provide LAPACK functionality (it does know about
    ATLAS and GotoBLAS as libraries that can be used together with
    (netlib) LAPACK).

    Are there any other BLAS or LAPACK libraries you would like to see