Hi Borut,

Borut Rozman <borut.roz...@bioch.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone managed to build Bowtie2 2.3.5.1 with gcc 11.3.0 ? Since I
> run on ubuntu 22.04 nothing below 11.2.0 version of gcc does not
> compile which is quite stressful as some users request ancient
> software :/

You have a double negative there which makes it slightly difficult to
understand your problem.  Do you mean that you can't compile anything
which uses GCC 11.2.0 or earlier?  If so, why not?

Whether or not you use Ubuntu 22.04 should not make a difference.  No
matter what version of GCC the operating system provides, you should
still be able to build toolchains with later versions.  For example, the
default version of GCC on our system is 4.8.5, but we have software
built with versions 7.3.0 to 12.2.0.

Or have I misunderstood your problem?

Cheers,

Loris