Hi there --

> The logic of domination gender-based...?

[If I've understood this] the logic of domination is a phrased coined
by Karen Warren to describe the relations along
male/female//society/nature analogy.  It isn't just the domination of
females by males and nature by society that offers a sound analysis,
but recognizing the implicit logic underlying the tendency to
dominate.  Domination is tough enough, but the logic of that
domination is the motive force.

She's done quite a bit of solid work in the area.  Serious and useful
insights.


hiho

-- 
mce peterson, philosophy
university of wisconsin centers                                 yawp!
>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed Feb 15 10:00:15 MST 1995
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mmdf-Warning:  Parse error in original version of preceding line at earth.wri.org
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mmdf-Warning:  Parse error in original version of preceding line at earth.wri.org
Subject: ecofeminism and social ecology...
Date: Wed Feb 15 12:04:41 1995

From:      "Kameshwari S. Pothukuchi" 

>it is only after defining women's *social* and culturally based
>roles *into* nature (child birth, child care, nurturing,
>cooking, cleaning, what have you...) and as biologically based
>instincts, have we in modern times been able to exploit the
>valuable labor for social purposes.  "Exploiting" whether
>against nature or women ultimately involves violence and
>coercion.  

I am not sure that I understand lumping child birth into a
category of roles that are socially and culturally based.  I am
interested in hearing your reasoning...

Peace,

Elizabeth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to