If I submitted a paper with legitimate results showing that climate change
was not occuring or that it was not linked to greenhouse gases, I would
make the front page of science and nature, every newspaper in the world
and be inundated with funds from various places.

Scientists are in the business of doing research, how the results defend
or rebut a hypothesis are inconsiquential.  Even if those results go
against conventional wisdom, church teachings, public opinion, or
industrial might.

Malcolm McCallum

On Wed, October 10, 2007 1:14 pm, Wil Burns wrote:
> This has to be one of the more inane postings I've seen in a while here:
>
> 1. If you want to cash in on climate change, you'd actually be a skeptic.
> There's way too many people competing for university and foundation grants
> if you support this "radical" thesis. By contrast, if you want to be a
> skeptic, there's an array of corporate-fronted foundations that will
> bestow
> cash on you, so your thesis is internally illogical;
> 2. Oh, so ozone depletion isn't a concern anymore? Funny, we had a hole
> 1.5
> times the size of North America last year over the Antarctic, and the
> Dobson
> unit measurements in some places well below 100. Well, why should we worry
> about a few million additional cases of potentially lethal skin cancer?
> You're right, just another fad by those greedy scientists. wil

Malcolm L. McCallum
Assistant Professor of Biology
Editor Herpetological Conservation and Biology
http://www.herpconbio.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]