Actually, most of the $100 million of the HSBC climate change money
is for long-term conservation projects, not research per se. HSBC is
not setting itself up along the lines of the Bill and Melinda Gates
Foundation or the NSF but filling in a genuine gap for work on
restoration, remediation, planning, and adaptation.