The Tremble GPS units do this, but they are very expensive ($2000.).
Also, you may be able to use the palm pilot GPS unit, they are much
cheaper.

Any unit in which you can enter metadata should do it.  Otherwise,
just put the gps data in an excel spreadsheet on a palm pilot or
databook, import the GPS coordinates, and then import into ArcView for
analysis.

Malcolm McCallum
Associate Professor
Texas A&M Texarkana

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Associate Professor of Biology

Summer Teaching Schedule & Office Hours:
Wildlife: M-R 9:00 to 11:40pm
Wildlife Techniques: M-R 1:00-4:00 pm
Office Hours: by appointment

"Every once in a while, there's an aberration, a crack in the
pavement..., because it's just so good, that it slides in between all
of the meaningless, tasteless, cardboard cut-out crap."
-David Crosby (of the Byrds, Hollies, Crosby Stills, Nash [& Young], etc.)