>From the Chronicle of Higher Education.  Maybe we should all just become
administrators?
http://chronicle.com/article/Administrator-Hiring-Drove-28-/144519/

(excerpt below!)

February 5, 2014
Administrator Hiring Drove 28% Boom in Higher-Ed Work Force, Report Says

By Scott Carlson

Thirty-four pages of research, branded with a staid title and rife with
complicated graphs, might not seem like a scintillating read, but there's
no doubt that a report released on Wednesday will punch higher education's
hot buttons in a big way.

The report, "Labor Intensive or Labor Expensive: Changing Staffing and
Compensation Patterns in Higher Education," says that new administrative
positions--particularly in student services--drove a 28-percent expansion of
the higher-ed work force from 2000 to 2012. The report was released by
the Delta
Cost Project, <http://www.deltacostproject.org/> a nonprofit, nonpartisan
social-science organization whose researchers analyze college finances.

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Department of Environmental Studies

Managing Editor,
Herpetological Conservation and Biology

 "Nothing is more priceless and worthy of preservation than the rich array
of animal life with which our country has been blessed. It is a
many-faceted treasure, of value to scholars, scientists, and nature lovers
alike, and it forms a vital part of the heritage we all share as
Americans."
-President Richard Nixon upon signing the Endangered Species Act of 1973
into law.

"Peer pressure is designed to contain anyone with a sense of drive" - Allan
Nation

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

The Seven Blunders of the World (Mohandas Gandhi)
Wealth w/o work
Pleasure w/o conscience
Knowledge w/o character
Commerce w/o morality
Science w/o humanity
Worship w/o sacrifice
Politics w/o principle

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not