Richard That means that the 2% has more than doubled in just a few hours :-)
I agree that VANs provide a good service, and will stay competitive as long as people insist on charging over $50,000 to 'certify' their AS2 software. Drummond is also certifying AS3. I wonder how much _that_ is going to cost? (I'll let you know as soon as Drummond answers my email. Any bets?) To: [email protected] From: "Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date sent: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:35:53 -0500 Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Translation over the Web > Earl's challenged me to look at the stats by volume. I only took two > (weekly) data points, but the percentages are still in the single digits; > between 4 and 5% of our transaction volume comes in via EDIINT. > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Earl Wertheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:25 PM > To: Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]; [email protected] > Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Translation over the Web > > > Richard > > > >VANS continue to shrink because they are over-priced and AS2 / EDIINT > > >(Direct Internet Connection) are winning. EDI X12 the standard continues > to > > >grow particularly in the health care and retail industries. > > > > Cite, please? Them's fightin' words. > > > > Why do fewer than 2% of our (retail) trading partners use EDIINT and the > > rest use a VAN, I wonder? > > 2% by number or 2% by volume ? > > I think that the higher volume partners would be more interested in > switching > to a cheaper solution. > > The cost of VANs is offset by the cost of setting up & maintaining an AS2 > connection. We've already seen people here who cannot justify the cost of > additional AS2 licenses ;-( Earl Wertheimer [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.spe-edi.com ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Most low income households are not online. Help bridge the digital divide today! http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/OIFolB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> . Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Access the list online at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
