HI I am in a difficult situation at work. They/we are in the process of getting 
a new software package. It could be a new platform but even on the same 
platfrom - the Iseries there could be an opportunity to shed some of the newer 
staff.
 
We use a third party. My work involves verifying alot of the data, mostly the 
inbound. By verify I mean that we get the EDI data and update our order files. 
Where the data is faulty I am sometimes used for some of my programs that spot 
this type of data errors. But not enough is my level of expertise.
 
IN the past I did mapping work but it's been a long time - 5 years plus so I 
have forgotten quite alot.
 
SInce we don't do mapping per se there is not much I can do there, or is there?
 
At the moment, our work load has been reduced. there is less of a need to 
continue to maintain the old system since there will be a new one. Yet of 
course, I will be needed heavily for conversion work. We feel there is at least 
a year to go and then it is speculation anyway about being let go.
 
My question is, how can I best utilize my free time in an EDI context? I was 
thinking of reading spec sheets for example. 
 
In what ways could I gain any kind of skills and knowledge? 
 
Any ideas would be so appreciated.
 
Thank you,
Adam


      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to