>>I am not a lawyer (my mother loved me nonetheless), but that sure sounds like
>>conspiracy in restraint of trade, a violation of the
>>1890 Sherman Anti-Trust Act.

>As long as the VAN is not prohibiting you from going business with another VAN,
>I don’t see where Sherman would kick in.

If customer 'A' demands you use VAN 'B'  *without interconnects*  with the
threat of his business, then Customer 'A' is consipiring
with VAN 'B'  to restrain VAN 'C'  or any other VAN from competing for the
ongoing communications traffic business.

MCM
IANAL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional