On 02/18/16 14:19, David Woodhouse wrote:

> Doesn't git
> convert automatically if it finds LF in the files it checks out, on
> Windows?

No clue. Never used git on Windows.

> And if things do get checked out with LF-only line endings on
> Windows, isn't that *also* harmless?

I don't think so. I know NOTEPAD.EXE garbles (well, used to garble)
LF-only text files. Maybe other commonly used text editors do that as well.

Plus, I'm worried that *new* files would be created with CRLF, and that
would lead to inconsistency.

> Either way, such a change will be *very* quickly lost in the dim and
> distant past — rather than being a constant problem and a barrier to
> contributions.

I'm not the one in need of convincing! ;)

I didn't mean to "defend" the current status.